Friday, January 1, 2016
G R E A T N E S S
First off, I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year! :D I really have no idea who checks out this blog but I certainly hope that I have some regulars that read my blog! I don’t know if I mentioned this before but I actually got some feedback from a friend that I should make my posts more neutral and not so emotionally charged. I thought about that for a long time and came to the conclusion that some people will appreciate and even like my openness and some will not really care for it. Sure, if I was more “professional” I would prob have some clients by now (for life coaching) but I refuse to sacrifice my authenticity for the sake of conforming to the standards of America’s small business owners.
I am constantly refining myself though but I try to not give up my own unique and authentic nature during that process of refinement. I made a post recently, on my Facebook business page about just being yourself. I think that some of us are weirder, like myself and even socially awkward (me again) lol :) but have come to the realization that this is what makes me special! Yes, I said it! SPECIAL! Some people frown upon it when I say that I am special but I am and I recognize my own beauty and awesomeness! There’s nothing wrong with that kind of confidence, just as long as you don’t get conceited! :)
I mean, I do get insecure…. I often worry that I will look like a moron cuz I am not the best writer and I seriously need someone to proofread my blogs and online posts but I just do it anyways cuz I enjoy sharing with my audience! Plus, there is so much power and beauty in our imperfections! When we can finally embrace our flaws and see them as beautiful, we have achieved a higher level of greatness within ourselves! Why not feel that you are great? Why not feel that you are special? Why? You have every right to feel special, great, wonderful, fantastic, etc…. There is nothing wrong with it!
I am writing this because I want everyone to bypass the mean people that tell you negative things about yourself. Yes, it can hurt really bad when people say things just to cut you down, or maybe not even to cut you down but just because they are not thinking too much about how it makes YOU feel. I dealt with this on too many occasions and a lot of it surrounded my mental health. I think I was misunderstood and sometimes people understood but they shunned me and condemned me. Yes…. It hurts really, really bad but as time went by, those chains broke one by one. It’s like…. As each year goes by, another link in the chain breaks and I’m freer and freer. A dear friend of mine would repeat this phrase to me often, “What people think of me is none of my business.” That really stuck in my head!
I mean… Really? What business is it of mine to know what people think and feel about me, when it’s something that is negative and does not lift me up? Yup! It is none of my business! People think that their reality has become my own but it has NOT become my own! Too many people think I’m a monster but I know that this is not true. I have made mistakes and done awful things in my past but all that makes me is HUMAN. Every single human being on this planet has the capability for great evil and great good in this world. Which one do you choose?
I choose good because evil and darkness only makes you a very miserable person. So does revenge and saying hurtful, awful things to people, which I have done. I don’t want to do that to people. When I hurt them, I ALWAYS end up hurting myself at the same time! It’s not worth it…. As I grow and mature, I refine myself to bring out the BEST me that there is. I have suffered from depression and anxiety for years, so it can be hard to see the real me shine but I still do, regardless! I can accept myself and see the greatness in me because God sees that in me. I can forgive myself because God forgives me. I don’t think this life would be worth living if it were not for God and His love, forgiveness and grace.
We are all made in God’s image. Now, when I say that you can be confident and see how amazing you really are, that does not mean that I am encouraging arrogance, a conceited nature and boasting. I feel that you can see that inner greatness without roaring like a lion. If you are confident, you will not need to constantly tell people how incredible you are! Lol :)
For those of us that are Christians, we need to practice a humble attitude. This reminds me of Moses, actually. He was humble, yet he believed in his greatness because God did. What Moses did was to glorify God, yes…. but Moses had to build up his confidence to do this work on the Lord’s behalf. The great thing about Christianity is that we try to give the glory to God and not hoard it for ourselves! :) In this “all about me” world, it can be difficult to remember that! I think we can ALL learn from the beautiful teachings of Christ. You don’t have to be a Christian to benefit and grow from what He taught us.
I always loved Christ’s compassionate and empathetic nature. I try to emulate Him and when I fail, I just try again. This brings me to another point. We can all be compassionate, empathetic and kind while having boundaries at the same time. Being Christ like does not equal-doormat. It does not equal, helping people when you can’t help yourself and giving until you are depleted of your own energy. You have to reserve some of that love for yourself too. Give yourself permission to be human ad to mess up. No one is perfect. Remember that God made you unique and there will never be another person that is exactly like you. God gives us all spiritual gifts/a gift. God will lead you to discovering that gift. It’s like having a divine spark within your soul. People can see God working through you. They might even really like you and not realize that this is God working in you and through you. It’s really a beautiful thing! :)
I pray that God will bless you and that He will use me as an open vessel to share good things with you and the gospel. I want to allow God to work though me, teaching what true love, compassion and empathy is and to share that with you! I am a work in progress! Blessings and have a Happy New Year filled with love and sweetness!
Love,
Chrystyana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment