Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Sexuality and Religion
As you can all see, I am promoting my business as a Christian based business. To me all that means is that my services are all about living in a heart centered, loving and compassionate way, while being connect to our savior, Jesus Christ. I always say that Christ was the perfect example of how we should treat others in this world and how we should be.
Which brings me to the topic of discussion today. I have had a difficult time accepting my own sexuality, or maybe it's not exactly accepting it but.... It's hard to be bisexual in the Christian community. I can't go to a fellow brother or sister in Christ at my church because 9x outv 10, I get the same response. People tell me that the Bible says it is an abomination (to be with someone of the same sex or to even desire another woman). They tell me it is a sin and when people live this lifestyle, they go to hell when they die. Ouch.... The Bible says all of this of course, which is hard to bypass when I am reading the Bible.
So.... What to do, what to do? Sometimes I actually go with it and agree that it's an abomination and feel terrible that I like women. I often thank God that I still like men too, so I can play the straight card when I have to conform. Can I stop myself from being attracted to women and even from falling in love? I have realized that the answer is clearly NO. When I look at someone and I fall in love, not just from their looks but because of who they are, I don't exactly focus on the gender of the person but simply who they are and the beautiful qualities they possess.
I think that is love, right? For me, love is warm, tender, passionate, compassionate, empathic, and unifying. It's an absolutely wonderful thing to love another person with your body, mind and soul. Have you ever loved someone like that? I have and it's wonderful....
I have been in love with a woman and it just so happened to be with someone that could not love me because of her profession and because she simply did not feel what I felt for her. She cared for me and was clearly physically attracted to me but lust is not exactly love. It was a wonderful and extremely painful situation for me but I would not change it for the world. She taught me so many beautiful things about myself, about herself, the world, spirituality, etc... I cherish the beautiful memories of her and will forever adore and cherish the memory of her big and beautiful smile. So, the question is.... If I felt such tender love for her, was it wrong?
I can not bring myself to the conclusion that it was wrong. To love someone with your entire soul is an experience that transcends our ordinary reality and existence in this world. To experience someone else's world through empathy and compassionate is a lovely thing. To feel deeply and passionately for another is a mind blowing experience.
I will never forget that connection that I had with her. We were a good match energetically but I think it was kinda like placing two sticks of dynamite together. There was bound to be an explosion of some sort and not the good kind either! Lol :) Now she is in the past and is a memory but will forever remain in my heart and prayers. So, is it a sin to love another woman? I personally don't think so. Does that mean I will go to hell? I certainly hope not! Lol :) This is who I am and anyone that has ever experienced not being accepted in this world can prob relate to me, even if you are straight!
I will continue o my path as a Christian and will not give up on my faith in the Lord, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This is a good path and Christianity and religion is not bad. It's just that some people can turn it into a bad thing. Christianity has taught me more love, compassion and empathy than any other spiritual/religious path in my own life. I need this because at times I can be a narcissist, which I hate to admit but admitting our faults means we are open and willing to change and grow. I always treat my clients well and with respect but my personal life is not always that peachy. So, I continue to open up my heart, learn from my mistakes, accept myself and others around me and always live from a heart centered and compassionate place. If I am to live life from that place then I have to do it for myself as well.
I am learning to accept myself, my sexuality and my own unique personality. It's because I love and respect myself that I have the capacity to love and accept others from any religion, spiritual path, any sexuality (GLBT), etc..... This is love.... Jesus would not treat someone poorly because of their sexual orientation, so why would I? It's all about the golden rule right? Treat others the way you would like to be treated. How do you want to e treated? I am guessing hat the answer is with love, compassion, empathy and respect. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment